Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Winter-Bashing Parody of "My Favorite Things"

I'm sick of winter, to put it nicely.  I don't have the time or coinage to go someplace warm.  My car has gotten stuck three times in as many weeks.  So I decided to channel all this frustration into writing a parody of "My Favorite Things".  Here it is:

Warmth is a concept with which I am smitten;
I'm sick of wearing my parka and mittens;
I want this winter to melt into spring;
Ice and cold are very un-favorite things

I'm done with snowflakes that stay on my lashes;
I'm done with falling and getting red gashes
I want geese to fly back with sun on their wings
Ice and cold are very un-favorite things!


No more snowing;
No more skidding;
I am way past mad
I try to remember that spring will be here
And then I won't feel so bad!