Thursday, January 2, 2014

Balance


There are no words to describe how much I hate the concept of “new year's resolutions.” Let's be honest. They're a load of bunk. They don't work. No one keeps them. They're like the self-help version of fad diets. That's why I was intrigued when I stumbled upon this OneWord365 challenge. It wasn't exactly rocket science trying to figure out which word to choose: balance. Everyone needs balance, but I need it like a diabetic needs insulin.

I've wrestled with so many strongholds. Anorexia and codependency are the top two contenders. These two addictions are the enemy of balance. Heck, any addiction is an enemy of balance. In the past several months, I've gone to significant lengths to try to achieve balance. I left the conventional workforce. I took a sabbatical from my Etsy shop last summer. I've got a pretty good understanding of what I need to do to achieve balance in my life, and I've been trying to do it for awhile. This year I need to continue in my quest for balance.

The issue of codependency impeding balance isn't discussed anywhere near as often as it should be. As I continue to heal, I hope to write more about this, because it's huge. That's why I'm creating a “healing” section of my blog. It's not going to be an easy subject by any means, but it's so important. If even one person reads this and starts pursuing balance and healing, that's more than enough for me.