Sunday, January 5, 2014

Things That Are Currently Irritating The Snot Out Of Me


Sometimes I have genuinely thoughtful insights to share with you all.

This is most certainly not one of those times.  Heck, if you spent half a weekend trying to keep chronic health issues from taking you out, you wouldn't have much in the way of insight either.  There's something about flare-ups that turns the thoughtful part of your brain off and clicks the cynical part into high gear.  I'm sure they'll medically prove it one of these days.

Anyway, since the cynical part of my brain is in full swing, here's my half-joking, half-serious list of things that are currently driving me up a wall:

1.) Slang terms like “selfie” and “adorbs.” Seriously, what is up with these pseudo-words? Have we gotten so lazy that we don't have time to use actual words?  If you know me in person, please don't use those words.  I promise it won't end well.  And no, that's not a threat.  It's a prediction of how I'm going to respond :P.

2.) When intelligent people act stupid because they think it makes them cool or culturally relevant. This is a biggie. Just stop acting stupid if you're not actually stupid. Anyone you're impressing is probably someone you shouldn't be trying to impress.

3.) Cat hair that floats around my apartment instead of staying attached to my cat where it belongs.

4.) Running out of the yummy crackers while we're frozen in. (Yes, I am almost 26 and love eating peanut butter on crackers. Deal with it.)

5.) Being frozen in.  For the first time since 1997, the Minnesnowta governor called for a state-wide school closing for tomorrow.  My husband is getting a frozen day from his job as a bus driver.  Don't get me wrong, it'll be nice to have him here, and he's thrilled to have a three-day weekend, but it's officially colder here than on Mars. This is disturbing.