Thursday, September 19, 2013

Things That Weird Me Out



  1. Bow-tie pasta. Why would pasta need to don formal wear before it gets digested?
  1. Pregnancy websites and books that compare the baby to fruits at various stages of development. I get that you have to compare it to something because you want a mental picture of the bundle of joy that is borrowing your body for 9 months. I get that the image of different kinds of fruit is pretty vivid right off the bat. But for some reason, I don’t understand this whole idea of comparing the baby to fruit. Maybe it’s one of those things you have to be pregnant to understand. But right now, I’m not pregnant and I think it’s weird. So it’s on the list.
  1. When I see the following warning on a jar of peanut butter: “Allergy warning: contains nuts.” I don’t even know how to respond to this one.
  1. Jellyfish. They don’t look like fish. They don’t even really look like jelly. I don’t think they are even scientifically in the fish category.