Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love/Hate Update for 3/17/13

It's been a rough couple of weeks, to be honest.  Between my grandmother's death, rehearsals for the passion play at church, and the other things I've mentioned, I'm pretty worn out.  But I'm also really feeling the need to stay connected with all of you.  So I'll give a quick love/hate update for now.  I'll write a longer entry as soon as time and energy allow.

Love:  the honor of participating in "All Things New", the full-length Easter musical that my church is doing this year.

Hate: how stressed everyone in the cast and crew has been as we tried to put all the puzzle pieces together during the full-cast rehearsals this past week.  I also hate having to do the crucifixion scene, with every fiber of my being.  There are no words to describe how much I hate having to yell "Crucify him!" or having to watch it.  Imagine having to watch your best friend being brutally murdered.  That analogy just barely scratches the surface of what I feel during that scene. 

Love: Dad's latest scan showed no signs of the cancer returning!

Hate: My grandmother passed away early in the morning, around 2am, on March 2nd.  Funeral was this past Friday.  I was very exhausted at the funeral. I hate that I came off as uncaring and insensitive.  Really hate that.