Thursday, August 22, 2013

"What do you do all day?"

When you make the decision to leave the workforce when you are childless and clearly not old enough to retire, the question of "what do you do all day?"  Is inevitable.  I think people want the assurance that I don't just sit around doing nothing.  If you think that's what I do,
you’ve got another think coming!  The days activities depend heavily on the season.  Summer and winter are more laid-back right now.  Lots of reading and craft projects.  Late summer and early fall are pretty busy with all the canning and dehydrating.  Once we have a hobby farm, spring will probably be quite busy because that's when all the planting will take place.


Here is a list of things I might do on a given day, depending on the season:

-laundry
-making my own cleaning products
-cleaning
-gardening
-knitting
-crocheting
-sewing
-spinning
-various craft projects
-volunteering
-going to the library
-grooming the cat, cleaning her litterbox, taking her to the vet (there will be lots more animal-related responsibilities once we have a hobby farm)
-baking
-cooking
-canning
-dehydrating
-doing all the dishes that result from cooking and canning (trust me, there are plenty of dishes!)
-biking
-going for walks
-writing and blogging
-reading
-babysitting on occasion

After seeing all this written down, I think I'm busier and more productive than I was when i was working, haha!