Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Love/Hate Update 10/2/13



Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been having a rough time of it emotionally and spiritually. Blogging is one of the first things to go whenever that happens. Here's an update on the past few weeks or so, using my Love/Hate format.

Love:
-Esther. We just hit the one-year anniversary of her forever home day. So grateful for this kitty! She is our resident pillow-warmer, therapy kitty, and pilates companion. If only she had even the slightest interest in being our resident fly hunter!

-Knitting. The Etsy shop is back up and running, and I love it! Still trying (read: struggling) to maintain a “work”/life balance. But it's a work in progress.

-My sister. Is coming. To town. NEXT WEEK! I am so BONKERS excited about this. Ever since she graduated from college and moved away and became a real grown-up and stuff, I don't get to see her much anymore.

Hate:

-How everyone, but especially Americans, put too much faith in the government. The government is like money. It's a tool that is very useful for some problems, but it can't solve EVERY problem

-being a Christian while having SERIOUS issues with westernized Christianity, as well as organized religion in general. I don't think I can adequately describe how difficult this is. Once I find the words, I will definitely be writing more about this.