Friday, November 2, 2012

Love-Hate Update for Nov. 2nd '12

I know I've hit a new low for posting.  A lot's been happening.  Right now I'm not really sure how much to share publicly, so I'm erring on the side of caution on this one.  I'll share more as I feel led to.  For now, I'll do another love-hate post.

Loves and hates for November 2nd:

Love:
-laughing with the hubby so hard it hurts

-our crazy lovable Esther, who has made it clear that her 11 years are not going to slow her down.  This week she has taken up howling at cars outside and spring-boarding off the furniture!

-coffee.  Need I say more? :p

-slowly learning that God is REALLY in control, and things REALLY work out even you haven't the faintest idea how

-my body is coping with stress much better than it used to
 
Hate:
-Dad got another low WBC count, which meant 50% strength for the chemo this week.  

-how everyone has the (Incredibly Mistaken) idea that non-smokers don't get lung cancer

-feeling like I don't really have enough time to fully address all of my complicated emotions about my dad having cancer

-Election season.  It's always infested with fear, judgment, paranoia, and cynicism.  Let's leave it at that.

Happy Friday, everyone!