Friday, September 28, 2012

Make your own shower and glass cleaner!

I've been wanting to share my product recipes on here for awhile, and I'm finally getting around to it!  

The first recipe I'm going to share is the homemade shower cleaner we've been using for several months.  It also works on mirrors!  I have yet to try it on windows, but I'm sure that would work too.

Supplies:
-spray bottle
-white vinegar
-small amount of scented organic detergent or soap (we use Dr. Bronner's; Target has started carrying it, can also find at whole food stores and online)

And yes, that's really all you need!

What you do:
1.)   Fill up spray bottle no more than about 1/4 of the way with vinegar (too much vinegar can soften the grout between the tiles

2.)  Fill it up the rest of the way with water.

3.)  Add a splash of soap or detergent to kill the smell.

4.)  Shake the daylights out of it!  (Dr. Bronner's soap clumps up a bit when you first mix it up; it's just the reaction between the soap and the vinegar.  It evens out over time.)

And yes, that's really all you do! :)